The Scholarship Application Process is now closed.
- Scholarship Award notifications will go out by email on February 22, 2013.
- Scholarship awards include entrance into the 2013 ASA Annual Conference at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC, March 22 - 24 and membership in the Appalachian Studies Association for 2013.
- If you request a scholarship, do not pay registration! If you received a scholarship, your scholarship notification will serve as your registration to the conference.
- Meals are not included but may be purchased separately by phone or by mail. Please use a registration form (available for download here) to indicate meal purchases and write "Scholarship" at the top of the form. Forms may be scanned and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. When paying, please call 304-696-2904 with credit information or mail a check to the ASA office.
All applicants receiving the award:
1. Must confirm receipt of the award by notifying email@example.com
2. Must sign-in at the registration desk and pick-up their registration packet on-site.
3. Must notify firstname.lastname@example.org
if you find you are not able to attend so that these awards may be distributed to someone on our waiting list.
4. Are asked not to transfer a scholarship award to someone else. We have people on a waiting list that are first in line for any cancelled scholarships.
5. Do not need to pay registration. The award covers registration.
Applicants not receiving the award:
Will still have to register. You may register on-site at the registration table beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 22nd.